Wednesday 23 January 2013

I work at home....

and I have for a while now. This is the first time I've blogged about working at home so bare with me. I don't want this to be a shameless self promotion and beg you to buy the products that I sell. That's not what this is about.

Just want to share my story on how I got into it, how it's worked for me and the struggles that I've had working from home. These entries will be few and far between unless I have some huge announcements.

In July of 2011, I kept seeing this crazy before and after pictures of woman's stomachs coming through my Facebook news feed. A friend was selling this product. I messaged her and she gave me the details. The cost to join at the time was way below retail so I figured, why not. I had ZERO experience in network marketing. So yes, I joined the company before even trying the products.

My product arrived and I excitedly tried it out. Was I impressed? Did I believe it? I was beyond impressed. My results were impressive and sparked interest among my friends and family. And so the journey began. It was hard not knowing what to do business wise and not being confident enough to lead my team like they should be lead. This is something I still struggle with.

Months went on, our team grew and my best friend and I got to be a part of a "secret" launch for a new product. It was for our protein shake. We had to follow a program and use the products and it worked! I was actually able to get down to a weight that I hadn't seen since high school.

But guess what. When I looked in the mirror, I still seen that short fat woman. It was like I couldn't see how far I'd come. And so began the self doubt, no more exercising and the many bags of chips and dip. I undid it all and gained it all back.

So now here we are in 2013. Back to square one as always. I'm back on track and using my products again along with better nutrition and exercise. My focus now has to be on my mind set. Changing my way of thinking. Having a cheat meal is not the end or the deserving of spiraling out of food control. This now has to be a TOTAL transformation. Diet and exercise is only a small part of it. The rest is all mind.

Now I'm sure there's some people that have tried our Ultimate Body Applicator and claim it never worked for them. I can assure it work for everyone, but too many people are expecting the wrong results from it. The "wrap" is NOT A WEIGHT LOSS PRODUCT. It's a skin care product and either people are assuming others are losing weight based on before and after photo's or they may have been misinformed. As with any skin care product, people see results at different rates. What takes one person, one applicator to see results, can take another person 5 applicators. One major issues that can come into play is proper health. Everyone is expecting instant results, but lets be honest, there's not magic pill, wrap or workout. We just offer products to help you get there. Again, only half the battle. The rest depends on you.

Being a work at home mom has its many perks. It allows me to stay home with my kids and make extra money. April of last year, I became a Diamond Distributor and with that came a nice pay cheque. But, it was hard work.  Working around a toddler is tough. Trying to schedule meetings and phone calls around naps. Stressing about appointments. All worth it though!

Our company just made some major announcements making it easier for everyone to become a distributor and succeed, but you do have to put in the time. Also a new product to be launched in February which I'm sure will be a new favourite in our house.


My website
Facebook Fanpage

No comments:

Post a Comment